Everyone's talking about millet and it’s about time you joined the conversation! If you haven’t yet tried millet, then our soup is the perfect introduction! Toasted barnyard millet is sauteed with fresh veggies and cooked in a savory broth. Diced chicken is added to the mix and finished off with rich, creamy béchamel and torn basil.
Chicken leg boneless - 800gms
Foxtail millet (boiled) - 150gms
Onion (small dices) - 200gms
Button mushroom (diced) - 200gms
Garlic (chopped) - 20gms
Basil (fresh) - 300gms
Salt - 200gms
Pepper - 15gms
Oil - 10ml
White sauce - 300gms
Cream - 300gms
1. Wash and clean button mushrooms and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pot, add onion and garlic. Saute on low heat for a few minutes and add boiled Foxtail millets to the pot.
3. Add diced mushrooms, saute the mix. Add in the stock let it simmer.
3. Cut the chicken into small dices. Blanch it in salted, boiling water. Strain and add to the soup.
4. Heat white sauce and cream together until the right consistency is achieved. Add it to the soup mix. Check seasoning.
5. Garnish it with fresh basil leaves and serve.