The popular Indian snack of Chinese-Calcuttan origin has travelled far and wide – this time it makes its way to the land of a myriad landscape, South Africa, for a spicy makeover. Seasoned with the essentials – salt, pepper and lemon juice – chicken drumsticks are crumbed, deep fried and tossed with ginger, garlic and green chillies in a stellar peri-peri spiked sticky-sauce. Now, can you handle the heat is the question. We think you can. Dig in!
Chicken wings with skin - 600gms
Chopped Corriander - 5gms
Chopped ginger - 3gms
Chopped garlic - 3gms
Chopped Onion - 10gms
Chopped Green Chilli - 5gms
Vinegar - 5ml
Chili paste - 10gms
Tomato Ketchup- 25gms
Dark soya- 5ml
Light soya - 3gms
Chopped Spring onion - 3gms
For the batter
Corn Flour - 50gms
Flour - 50gms
1. Make drumsticks out of the chicken wings.
2. Marinate in salt, pepper, lemon juice, and crumb fry it till crisp.
3. Sautee onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
4. Add chilli paste add tomato ketchup, dark soy, light soy vinegar adjust seasoning.
5. Toss the drumstick in the sauce add chopped coriander and spring onion serve hot.
6. It should be dry, not too saucy.