It wasn’t until 1908 that a southern-American lifestyle magazine brought together cheese and
pimentos in a spread-recipe. The combination was a such a hit that it even pushed mayonnaise into near non-existence. Pimentos and cheese pair up yet again but in a burger! Olives, basil,
paprika and peppers are combined with mustard and a Worcestershire-sauce infused chicken
mince, stuffed with cheese, shaped into a patty and grilled to a sizzling golden. The usual suspects – onion, tomato and lettuce and a mustard-mayo ranch-spread layered with the patty
between the sliced burger bun rounds-off this beast of a burger!
For Chicken Patty
Chicken mince – 100gms
Mierpoix – 10gms
Chopped garlic – 1
Chopped black olives – 5
Chopped red peppers – 10gms
Chopped red paprika – 2gms
Chopped fresh basil – 2
Chopped jalapenos – 2gms
Grated processed cheese – 10gms
Whole grain mustard – 5ml
Worcestershire sauce – 2ml
Tomato ketchup – 2ml
Beaten egg – 20gms
Flour – 5gms
Butter – 5gms
Dijon Mustard – 4ml
Chopped Chives - 0.5gms
Mayonnaise – 30ml
Chopped Parsley – 1
Chopped Spring Onion – 1gm
Minced Garlic - 0.2gms
Lime Juice – 2ml
Sliced tomato (small) – 3
Sliced onion (small) – 3Lettuce1
For the Patty
1. Take a clean bowl, add minced chicken, mirepoix, chopped garlic, chopped red pepper,
jalapeno, paprika, and chopped fresh basil. Mix the mincemeat mixture well.
2. Now add the whole grain mustard, sauces, and a beaten egg (1/4th of one egg).
3. Add flour and mix it well. Finally, add grated cheese and let the mix rest for a while.
4. Now give the patty some shape and grill it. Cook the patty in the oven just before you serve.
For the Ranch spread
1. Take a clean bowl, add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped spring onion, chopped parsley,
chopped chives, and chopped garlic. Add lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
For the burger
1. Slice the burger bun into two halves. Spread butter on both the halves and toast it. Add the
ranch spread on both the toasted ends.
2. Now begin to layer the bun with lettuce, grilled chicken patty, sliced tomato, the sliced onion.
3. Place the other half of the bun on top of the stacked layers.
4. Serve with potato wedges (optional)
Check out our blog for more such recipes - everyday!