The one-dish, American staple casserole, popular across the late 19th and 20th century, fell through oblivion but not before feeding millions of poor, hungry stomachs during the Great Depression in the US. To bring the trend back and to give the humble casserole its due credit, we’ve put together a one-pot KETO special. Diced, deboned chicken leg rested with Worcestershire sauce, oregano, thyme, red-wine vinegar and woodfire seasoning is baked to bliss, sautéed with garlic, broccoli, spinach and finished off with béchamel, cheese, thyme and the nutty nutmeg. Here’s where it all comes together – in a box or casserole of your own, a layer of parmesan blankets the creamy chicken-spinach mixture before being baked to golden.
For the Marinade
Chicken leg boneless diced - 100gms
Chopped garlic - 1
Woodfire seasoning - 1gm
All-spice powder - 1gm
Worcestershire sauce - 5ml
Oregano - 0.25gms
Fresh thyme - 0.25gms
Red wine vinegar - 2ml
For the Casserole
Butter - 5gms
Chopped onion - 5gms
Blanched chopped spinach - 20gms
Diced cooked chicken
Blanched Broccoli Floret - 30gms
Boiled Cauliflower floret - 30gms
Dry thyme - 1gm
Chopped parsley - 1gm
Bechamel sauce(white sauce) - 80ml
Fresh cream - 20gms
Cheddar cheese sauce - 20gms
Grated Cheese - 10gms
Parmasen cheese - 5gms
Grated nutmeg - 0.25gms
White pepper powder - 0.5gms
1. Take a clean bowl, add the chicken, add the woodfire seasoning, red wine vinegar and other ingredients mentioned for the marinade.
2. Keep the meat marinated for at least an hour.
3. Take a pan. Sear the chicken dices and cook it in the oven.
For the Casserole
1. Take a pan, drizzle with oil. Saute onion, garlic. Add the blanched broccoli, cauliflower and the diced cooked chicken. Sear it and then add spinach.
2. Now add the bechamel sauce, grated cheese and adjust seasoning.
3. Add thyme, chopped parsley and grated nutmeg. Finish the dish with a dollop of fresh cream.
4. Take the creamy chicken, add dollops of cheddar cheese sauce, add grated cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake the dish at 180°c for 2-3 minutes. Cook until a golden brown and serve.
Try out our recipes or just order the dish online! Check out FreshMenu.com and order food online now.