It isn’t often that a three-way culinary fusion graces a menu, delivers a tasty punch and makes a statement. Inspired by Indo-Chinese and Mexican cuisines, we’ve put together a meal that is utterly flavourful and gratifying. Deboned, diced and deep-fried chicken leg tossed in a sweet and savoury red-chilli sauce is served on a bed of tangy, Mexican jalapeño rice. Stir-fried peppers and bok-choy, garlicky mayo and a hot-garlic sauce find their place in this bowl of delish culinary fusion.
Chicken leg boneless (sliced) - 140gms
Chilli paste - 10gms
Garlic (chopped) - 3gms
Cornflour - 15gms
Hot garlic sauce - 20gms
Honey - 2gms
Red chilli - 1gm
Spring onion - 2gms
Sesame - 2.5gms
Jalapeno fried rice
Sella rice (boiled) - 120gms
Onion (chopped) - 15gms
Garlic (chopped) - 2gms
Jalapeno (cut) - 12gms
Tomato (diced) - 30gms
Bell peppers (triangles) - 30gms
Bok choy (cleaned/thick slices) - 15gms
Onion (sliced) - 15gms
Garlic Mayo - 20gms
Hot garlic sauce - 50gms
1. Honey Chilli chicken: Thaw and clean the chicken, cut it into thin slices. Marinate with chilli paste, garlic, salt, pepper. Dust with cornflour and maida. Deep fry in hot oil and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, saute sliced chilli. Add hot garlic sauce, toss fried chicken, finish with honey and sesame. Garnish with chopped spring onion.
3. Jalapeno rice: Saute chopped onion and garlic in a pan, add diced jalapenos and tomatoes. Add boiled sella rice and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a pan, saute sliced onion, bokcooy stems, followed by peppers. Add bokchoy leaves to end, check seasoning.
5. Make garlic mayonnaise mixing fine chopped garlic with mayonnaise. Adjust seasoning and consistency.
6. Heat hot garlic sauce, check for right consistency and seasoning.
7. Place jalapeno fried rice on a plate. Place tossed chicken to one side, stir fried vegetables next to it. Serve with hot garlic sauce and garic mayonaisse.
Test your cooking skills or order Chinese food online, the choice is yours!