Alfredo di Lelio wished to cheer his wife up by serving her a tempting yet wholesome meal. He created a luscious cheese sauce to toss pasta in and the Alfredo Sauce was born. An ode to his genius, here’s our take on this much-loved recipe.
Bell peppers (diced) - 10gms
Carrot (diced) - 10gms
Zucchini (diced) - 10gms
Onion (diced) - 5gms
Blanched Broccoli florets - 10gms
Parsley (chopped) - 2gms
For the sauce
Fine chopped onion - 6
Bechamel sauce base - 100gms
Veg stock - 30ml
Fresh cream - 20gms
Parmesan cheese - 2gms
Oregano - 0.5gms
Grated nutmeg - 0.25gms
Boiled Penne pasta - 180gms
Garlic bread - 1
1. Take a clean pan add oil and butter, add chopped onion and sautee till translucent.
2. Add the herbs and vegetables and toss it well.
3. Add the Bechamel sauce base, the veg stock and mix till the proper consistency is achieved. Adjust seasoning.
4. Add the fresh cream and add the blanched penne pasta toward the end.
5. Toss the mix well. Make sure it maintains a thick saucy consistency. Garnish it with grated nutmeg, Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
A good and simple recipe will simply lead to a delicious meal, create magic in your kitchen or simply let our kitchen deliver magic! Check out Freshmenu.com today and order food online!