A typo in a research paper published in the 19th century led people to believe that spinach contained ten times more iron than the original value. Naturally, spinach was the easiest choice of food, due to its faulty value, for ‘Popeye the Sailorman’. We can’t promise you that our Spinach and Corn Sandwich would turn your arms into the hammer of Thor, but it sure is creamy, crunchy and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Boiled sweet corn - 100gms
Blanched spinach - 50gms
Chopped garlic - 3gms
Chopped onion - 5gms
Bachemel sauce - 5ml
Cream - 5ml
Processed cheese - 40gms
Fresh thyme - 1gm
Butter - 3gms
Butter - 3gms
Cheddar cheese slice
1. Heat oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add chopped garlic and onion and sautee till translucent. Add fresh thyme, boiled sweet corn and give the mixture a fine toss.
3. Add Bachemel sauce, grated cheese, and finely chopped spinach to the mix and adjust seasoning.
4. Cook until the mixture is a tad bit dry and allow it to rest.
5. Take two slices of bread and butter it. Toast the bread until its crisp.
6. Layer the toast with a cheese slice, the filling, another cheese slice and cover.
7. Trim all the edges.(your preference)
A good and simple recipe will simply lead to a delicious meal, create magic in your kitchen or simply let our kitchen deliver magic! Check out Freshmenu.com today and order food online!